Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
This procedure shows how to initialize the Identity Provider (IdP) metadata for AD FS.
This is one part of the configuration procedure for setting up ThoughtSpot to work with AD FS for authentication. You should also refer to the overview of the entire process of integrating with AD FS.
To initialize the IdP metadata on AD FS:
- Download the AD FS 2.0 IdP metadata from the AD FS server. You can reference this file by its URL, which looks like:
- Log in to the Linux shell using SSH.
- Change directories to the SAML directory:
$ cd /usr/local/scaligent/release/production/orion/tomcat/callosum/saml
- Replace the contents of the file
idp-meta.xmlwith the metadata of the IdP that you downloaded. Do not change the name of the file.
- Restart Tomcat using these commands:
$ cd /usr/local/scaligent/release $ tscli --adv service push tomcat /usr/local/scaligent/release/production/orion/tomcat/tomcat_prod.config
- Next, Initialize the Service Provider Metadata.