Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
Before you can make changes to the security file, you need to download it using the ThoughtSpot Web interface to access ThoughtSpot. Then you will be able to edit it using Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet editing tool.
To obtain the security file:
- Log in to ThoughtSpot from a browser as the admin user.
- Click on the Admin icon, on the top navigation bar.
- Click on Data Security.
- Click Download security.xls.
- Save it to your machine.
Open the security file in Excel or a text editor.
- If you are using Excel, you may see a warning message. Click "Yes" to proceed.
- If your security file includes multi-byte characters, edit the file using vi or vim. This is because security files containing multi-byte characters must be saved as UTF-8 encoded. Otherwise you won't be able to upload them after making your edits.