Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
Before adding users, create the groups they will belong to. Each group includes a set of privileges for its users. Good planning when creating groups and assigning privileges will pay off in ease of administration and a better search experience.
To create a group and add privileges for the group:
- Log in to ThoughtSpot from a browser.
- Click on the Admin icon, on the top navigation bar.
- In the Admin panel, click on User Management and Groups.
- Click the + Add Group button on the upper right hand side of the list of groups.
Enter the details for the new group:
- Enter a unique name for the group.
- Optionally enter a description.
Check the privileges you want to grant to the group.
If you add the privilege Has administration privileges to a group, note that all users in that group will be able to see all the data in ThoughtSpot. Administrators can see all data sources, and Row level security does not apply to them.
- Click the Manage Groups tab if you want to add sub-groups. Find the groups you want to add in the list, or search for them by name. Check the box next to each group you want to add to the group.
- Click the Manage Users tab if you want to add users. Find the users you want to add in the list, or search for them by name. Check the box next to each user you want to add to the group.
- Click Create to create the group.