Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
Administrators and owners can share Can View or Can Edit privileges on tables with other users, who can further share them with others.
By default, when data is loaded using the ThoughtSpot Loader, ODBC, or JDBC, it is only visible to administrators. Data imported from a Web browser is visible to administrators and the user who uploaded it. You can share an entire table, or only some of its columns.
Use caution when sharing tables, because any objects created from them will have dependencies on the tables and their underlying structure. Objects created from tables can include worksheets, answers, and pinboards. This means that if a user wants to drop or modify a table, any object that depends upon it must be edited or removed first, to remove the dependency. For this reason, it is a best practice to only grant the Edit permission on tables to a small number of users.
Share a table or imported data by following these steps:
- Click on the Manage Data icon in the top navigation bar.
- Click on Tables.
- Select one or more tables to share, and click the Share icon.
- Select Entire Table or Specific Columns.
- If you selected Specific Columns, select the column to share.
- Click + and select the users and groups that you want to share with.
- Configure the level of access by selecting from the dropdown list. You can select:
- Click Add and Save.
- Click Done.