Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
ThoughtSpot Support performs updates to new releases of ThoughtSpot software. This section is included for reference only, to help you understand the update procedure.
You have the option of creating a snapshot and a backup during the update procedure. If you choose to do a backup, ensure that you will have enough disk space to store the backup before you begin.
ThoughtSpot automatically takes a snapshot before applying an update. If the update is unsuccessful, you can revert to the pre-update snapshot.
To update the ThoughtSpot software:
- Obtain the new binary.
- Run a md5sum on the file, to verify it.
- Move the binary to the ThoughtSpot Analytic Search Appliance, using scp, or a similar utility.
- Log In to the Linux Shell Using SSH.
- Without unzipping the binary, run the update, supplying the filename.
$ tscli cluster update <update_filename>
- To verify that the new version is running on all nodes, use a Web browser to access the URL:
http://<hostname_or_IP>:2201. Find the version number at the bottom left of the page.