Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
Before adding users, create the groups they will belong to. Each group includes a set of privileges for its users. Good planning when creating groups and assigning privileges will pay off in ease of administration and a better search experience.
The privileges you assign to a group determines the actions that its members are allowed to do. If a user belongs to more than one group, they will have the highest level of the privileges from all the groups they belong to.
Permissions to see and edit tables, worksheets, answers, and pinboards are set when you share them with users and groups, as described in the topic Data Security.
- Log in to ThoughtSpot from a browser.
- Click on the Administration icon, on the left navigation bar.
- In the Admin panel, click on User Management and Groups.
- Click the + Add Group button on the upper right hand side of the list of groups.
- Enter the details for the new group:
- Enter a unique name for the group.
- Optionally enter a description.
- Check the privileges you want to grant to the group.
Table 1. Security Privileges for Groups Privilege Description Has administration privileges Can manage Users and Groups and has access to all data. Can upload user data Can upload their own data from the browser using Import Data. Can download data Can download data from Answers and Pinboards. Can share with all users Can share with users outside of this group.
If you add the privilege Has administration privileges to a group, note that all users in that group will be able to see all the data in ThoughtSpot. Administrators can see all data sources, and Row level security does not apply to them.
- Check the box next to each user you want to add to the group.
- Click Create to create the group.