Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
Now that you've enabled the Lightweight ETL, you need to add a new data source. Data sources are the source systems from which you want to import data and schedule repeat data loads.
- Databases, like Oracle or Teradata.
- Applications, like Marketo or Salesforce.
To add a data source:
- Log in to ThoughtSpot from a browser as an administrator user.
- Click on the Data icon, on the left navigation bar.
- Click the Data Sources tab at the top, and select + New data source on the upper right hand side of the panel.
- Select which type of connection you wish to use from the available list.
- Select a connection type and click Next.
- To select a connection, choose one of these options:
- Select a pre-defined connection type, by choosing it from the Select Connection list:
- Choose the tables you wish to load from the list of Available Tables.
- When all the columns are selected, click > to move them to the Selected Tables box. Click Next.
- You can optionally apply a filter to only import specific rows by clicking New... under Data Filters.
- You can optionally apply data transformations and write the result to a new column by clicking New... under Expressions.
- Click Next. Provide a Source Name for the data source.
- Check the list of columns to be imported, to make sure it is correct. If you are loading into new or empty tables, or if you want to delete any data that already exists in the tables, click the checkbox to select Truncate data in the existing tables.
- If you want to specify repeat data loads, create a loading schedule.
- Click Import.