Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
To set up lightweight ETL, you'll need to provide an Informatica user name and password.
You can obtain the credentials from ThoughtSpot Support, if you do not have them. To set up Lightweight ETL:
- Log in to the Linux shell using SSH.
- Issue the ThoughtSpot SQL Command Line (TQL)(tscli) command to download the Informatica infaagent from the Informatica Cloud.
tscli --testdev etl download-agent --mode=prod
- Invoke tscli again to enable the lightweight ETL Data Cache, which will register with Informatica Cloud and start the infaagent service. The process will take a couple of minutes:
tscli --testdev etl enable-lw --username <informatica_username> --mode=prod --admin_username tsadmin --thoughtspot_url <thoughtspot_url>
- Create the ThoughtSpot connection on Informatica:
- Log in to the Informatica website: https://app.informaticaondemand.com/ma/.
- If a ThoughtSpot connection already exists, delete it.
- Create a new ThoughtSpot connection using your ThoughtSpot URL as the path to log in. The Environment Name for your Runtime Environment can be found under Configure and Runtime Environments.
- You will see a message confirming that the Informatica connection was successful.
- Access the feature on the UI by appending /?enableDataAssimilation=True to the URL for your cluster. . Enter this new URL into your Web browser. Doing this enables Lightweight ETL in the ThoughtSpot application.