Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
You can change the sharding on a table or remove it altogether (creating a replicated table) using this procedure. This procedure preserves the data within the table.
You can use these steps to do any of these operations:
- shard a table that was previously replicated.
- change a replicated table to a sharded table.
- change the number of shards to use for a sharded table.
To change the sharding on a table:
- Connect to the Database with the ThoughtSpot SQL Command Line (TQL).
- Issue the command to change the sharding using this syntax:
TQL> ALTER TABLE <table> [SET DIMENSION | SET FACT [PARTITION BY HASH [(<shards>)] [KEY(<column>)]]]