You can add a formula directly within a search. Some common reasons for using a formula in a search are to perform mathematical functions, check for and replace null values, or add if...then...else logic.
To create a formula in a search:
1. Start a new search, or choose an existing answer from a pinboard to edit.
2. If the answer shows a chart, switch to Data View.
3. In the upper right hand side of the table, click Actions and select Add formula.
4. Type your formula in the Formula Builder.
Note: Formulas elements are color coded by type and can include the formula operators and functions (blue), the names of columns (purple), and/or constants (black).
5. You can see a list of formula operators with examples by clicking on Formula Assistant.
6. If you want to change what your formula returns, use the Advanced settings.
Depending on your formula, you may be able to change:
• Data type
• ATTRIBUTE or MEASURE
• Aggregation type
7. Name the formula by clicking on its title and typing the new name. Click Save.